Monday 10 March 2014

The eyes have it



When I'm doing a job I always look forward to working on the eyes! The possibilities are endless with what you can do with them and I just love it! 

This is a totally different story when it comes to my own set of peepers. I stick to what I know will make me look a lot more put together then I actually am. It was whilst  I was having a look at what the trends were during all the different Fashion Weeks that I fancied mixing it up a bit and stepping out of my comfort zone.

I thought the pop of blue in the Anna Sui and Christian Dior shows were so pretty and it was after I read an article in Look Magazine that I wanted to give blue shadows a go! Here's what I came up with, Enjoy cake lovers! 


Anna Sui                                                                                    Dior 




What I used 
Smashbox Primer 
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation 
Maybelline Fit Me Powder 
Sleek Contour Kit
Mac Blush in Peaches 
Mac Concealer 
Rimmel Wake Me Up! concealer 
MUA shadows
BHcosmetic palette 
Rimmel mascara 


Final Result 



I actually quite like the look I ended up with. I decided not to run before I could walk though and used blue only in the inner corners of my eyes. I started with the colour called Earth in the BHcosmetics palette then the darker blue called Neptune right on the tear duct to give the eyes a little something extra. For the rest of the lid I used two colours from the little MUA palette, using the darker brown in the crease to give my eyes more depth. 

I gave all my brushes a spray with my Mac Fix+ to really bring out the pigment in the shadows. If you don't have Fix+ then eye drops work well too. 





There you have it! Hope you liked today's post everyone! xo




Give me a follow:
twitter and instagram: @roguelipstick
tumblr: putyourroguelipstickon.com






No comments:

Post a Comment