Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Scarlet Hotel

Back in December the boyfriend and I visited The Scarlet Hotel down in Mawgan Porth in Cornwall for a break. Once the shock of being up before the birds left my system, the five hour journey down was very easy and enjoyable. We arrived at around 12 just about the right time to check in a have a lovely cup of tea whilst taking in the insanely beautiful scenery surrounding the hotel. 

The staff were very professional and friendly, felt totally relaxed and cosy in the fluffy robe and slippers that did not leave our backs for the entire weekend. Once we were all settled in our room we headed out to the cliff top hot tub. I must tell you, I could use the most descriptive writing these little fingers of mine can tap up onto this keyboard and it would still not come close to describing just how spectacular this experience was. 

Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing around the pool and sauna. Unfortunately the outdoor pool was sub zero temperatures, even for two water babies like us. I took a mental note to return and have a good swim during the warmer months.

The following morning, with a fuzzy head on my part, the romantic necessity of having one too many glasses of bubbly had taken its toll. Breakfast soon sorted that and I was once again ready to explore the surrounding coastal line. 

Before we headed home, we took one more visit to the Spa for a Rhassoul treatment which is ideal for couples and friends. The best moment would be literally having a mud fight right before the huge monsoon shower burst on. Highly recommend this for a good laugh with your friends or partner, you even leave with baby soft skin! 

So almost two months after and we still talk about The Scarlet. Honestly a lovely, unforgettable trip that you must visit at least once! Trust me, you will be booking your next stay with them even before you leave, I know we certainly have!

Take a look at their website here 



outdoor fresh water pool

view from the front lobby 



I only ordered the tea for the biscuits! swoon...


Can never resist a cheese board 



I let him win.....

stepping stones down to the hot tubs 


rock pooling 


Gorgeous Breakfast 





Bliss 



Give me a follow 

No comments:

Post a Comment