Tuesday 22 September 2015

Kylie Jenner Galore Magazine







So this is one for all you Kylie fans out there, a quick tutorial on how I achieved an look inspired from her recent shoot with Galore Magazine. I loved the subtle contouring and gorgeous chocolate looking lips! 

I started by using the Eve Lom primer, focusing mainly on areas such as my nose and cheeks. I then used the Nars All Day Foundation with a damp beauty blender all over and used the Nars concealer for pin point concealing. This achieved a flawless finish with minimal level of coverage, I didn't want this look to become too cakey and draw the attention away from the lips and eyes.


Once the base was finished I went in with some very light contouring and highlighting. The Illamasqua Gel Sculpt gives the perfect look I was after which I then set with the shade Fawn in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. 

With the main base of the make up finished use a warm toned blush and a hint of highlighter on the high points of the face. Of course don't forget to give your brows! Kylie's ones are super sharp so I reckon using a pencil or pomade for a clean finish as powders give a more natural, bushy look.


For the eyes apply Mac's paint pot in Soft Ochre all over the lids and up to the brows to give the shadows great staying power. I then used all Mac shadows but you can use any you prefer in similar shades. For the first transition colour I went into the crease and over the lids with a cool toned mauve. Once that is nicely blended with a fluffy brush I deepend the outer corners of the eyes with a rich chocolate. Carry a mixture of these two colours down onto the lower lash line, Kylie has the shadows blended quite low on which can be a little unnerving if you're not used to wearing your shadows like this, trust me though, you are all able to pull off this look more than you think. 

Next I used an Estee Lauder liquid liner to get the cat flick, focusing the thickness mainly on the outer corner of the eyes. For a look that gives your lashes a thicker appearance use a kohl pencil on the upper and lower waterlines, taking it right into the inner corners to get the almond shape Kylie's eyes have. Once that is all done finish it off with some mascara and your favourite falsies! 



Now in my personal collection of lipsticks I didn't have the right shade of brown, so had a little play about with these two and managed to get something similar.... obviously give your lips some attention to achieve the perfect, over drawn Jenner pout! 



There you have it! This look is obviously my interpretation of the make up so I haven't listed every single product I used as I thought you could all use your own goodies to give this look a go! However, saying that, if the shade of blusher or shadows are going to be something you obsess about, you will find a full list on my Instagram post. 

Have fun with this look cake lovers xo  

Give me a follow 


No comments:

Post a Comment