Wednesday 30 December 2015

New Years Eve Flawless Base





Now it doesn't matter which sort of look you are planning for your New Years Eve celebrations, if your base isn't the best it can be, all that time you've spent on your makeup would be wasted! Shiny forehead, rubbed off blusher and dry patches clinging to your chin....not a look that says "Give me a smooch at Midnight"  So I'm going to share with you my own routine I use to get a flawless base that will last all night.


First off, get that pretty face of your clean! Using this Micellar Cleansing Water will remove any type of makeup residue, leaving feeling fresh and clean. I've written about this product before so won't bore you again with just how brilliant this magic water is. Just trust me on this one.


Next I use the Clinique Sonic Brush for a deep clean that is much more gentle on the skin than any other brushes I have used in the past. Once I pat my face dry I then sweep the Clinique Clarifying Lotion over my face. You will notice that the cotton pads will look grey, this is all the dead skin cells that can lead to your skin looking dull, causes blemishes and dry patches foundation loves to stick to. Now I feel squeaky clean, time to put some moisture back in the skin. 


When it comes to putting moisture back into the skin, I always start off with a serum that will target my skin concerns and works a lot further down in the skin. Clinique Smart Serum helps with pigmentation, ageing and dullness, so I slather that bad boy on all over and on my neck working in upwards motions (sounds odd, but give it a go, you'll notice how lifted and bright your face looks when apply lotions that way) Next pop some eye cream on, I got this Clarins one for Christmas  using the ring finger for a more gentle pressure on the delicate skin around the eyes. Finally top it all off with some moisturiser, I am obsessed with the REN Global Protection Day Cream recently, but any type that works well for your skin. One trick to remember is that if your face feels tacky your skin is fully moisturised. Wait for that to dry off a bit then dive in with your foundation prep.  


Now I don't know about you, but I want to glow on NYE and this primer from Eve Lom is radiance boosting and anti age! It helps my foundation to glide on and stay put in my tricky oily areas. 


Like I said, glow is key, so add a small amount of Mac's Strobe Cream into your favourite foundation and apply it with a damp Beauty Blender for a truly flawless finish, it's best to use the sponge in bouncing movements and not rubbing. Honestly, if you haven't got a Beauty Blender, you simply must get one, I'm sure it's not too late to ask Santa, he may have one in his sleigh somewhere.


Finally, once your master piece is finished set it all with the Urban Decays Chill Makeup Setting Spray. Be sure to spray from a distance as if you spray it too closely it will only make your makeup wet....not the idea we are going for. 

Now you have prepped your skin, treated it to all the right moisture, used helpful tools and finally locked it all into place, you are NYE ready and can see in 2016 looking flawless. 


Happy New Year to you all xo 

twitter // instagram // Facebook

email: jessietereza@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment