Friday 26 May 2017

Are Silicon Sponges The New Beauty Blender?




I'm not going to lie, the moment I saw Nikki Tutorials cut up a bra insert in order to apply her foundation, I cam to the conclusion that was just a little too much effort for me... It wasn't until I spotted these silicon make-up sponges in Primark I figured it was worth a try. 

Let me get you up to speed if you have no idea what I'm going on about. Silicon sponges are the latest craze you will see filling up your Instagram. Umpteen videos and pictures of make-up fans using something that can only be described as a chicken fillet to apply their foundation. The benefits? An absolutely flawless finish without the waste you experience using a beauty blender or brush. Question is, does it actually work? Or is it just a bit of a fad?

Once I settled myself down to give this little experiment a go I thought I'd preform a different application for each side of my face. The first way was applying the foundation directly to my face then using circular motions to rub it all in. This didn't go very well if I'm honest, the foundation slipped all over the place and try as I might, it never absorbed into the skin properly. Perhaps I put too much product on? Or maybe the rubbing application wasn't the best way. The other half of my face was slightly more successful. I popped the foundation onto the sponge then dabbed in the product onto my skin. Now, the sound of the sponge hitting my face wasn't pleasant, and it took quite a while to blend in, but the end result was stunning! Honestly, I was shocked! 

Now that I gave the silicon sponges a go I can understand the internet hype surrounding them. The down side is that the application takes quite some time but you are left with a beautiful base that doesn't look cakey, which is always a personal triumph. So I guess I'm glad I grabbed that little £2 packet on the way to the till, especially as it's now increased my make-up tool collection without breaking the bank! 

Have any of you tried the new silicon sponges? How do you apply yours? I'd love to know. XO 

Don't forget to give me a follow 


Email jessietereza@icloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment